Search This Blog

Friday 1 January 2010

Lobsters

Staying in for New Year and decided to make Lobster & frites.  Checked out the fish monger at Borough Market and he put aside two nice lads.  On the way home I realised I'd forgotten to get them cleaned - bugger.  I'm used to a nice pink split in half preparation and was now faced with two very alive wriggling lobsters to deal with, or set free in the dock :).  Cue frantic google searches. 


Read a bunch of sites and decided on the deep freeze method which is supposed to quieten them down and then the knife in the head.  It worked I guess, it didn't feel very nice to watch something die and I don't know if I'd forget to have them despatched by a professional again.  


But, that was by far the best tasting lobster I've ever eaten, I guess it was the freshness ..


So for next time, if there is a next time here are the links I used :


http://www.finecooking.com/item/11058/video-how-to-kill-a-lobster
http://www.cooking-lobster.com/cooking-lobster/lobster-killing.html 




No comments:

Post a Comment