Search This Blog

Saturday 4 June 2011

No more Sky ! (the satellite service rather than another end of the world prediction).

My eBay Sky HD box started to go on the blink and as I begrudge paying the £20(ish) service charge for channels I never watch I decided to make the leap into FreeSat.

Amazon, 1 x Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB

The first time I tried to set it up it got stuck on the 'enter postcode' - which really only sets your local regional channel preference. But when it fails its also indicative of a dish alignment problem - oh no, maybe the Sky HD box was OK.

Second try, 24 hours later and everything went through fine. hmmm ..

So far so good, the box works fine. My only gripe is the remote control, you pretty much need to stand in front of the box, especially with the front flap closed. Going to investigate IR extenders.

Think I'll stick with the official firmware for a while aswell ..

No comments:

Post a Comment